Thursday, April 1, 2010

Grooming....

So up until this week I have only used water to groom my double coated dog. His fur is longer on top and very thick underneath. My breeder recommends only using water and I was going with that until I was reading in our breeds newsletter about product and how in shows you just can't really expect to be as good as those who use product.
I thought well, maybe I will give it a try. I have a very light leave in conditioner I developed at work (I am a bit of a chemist) I realized there was nothing in there which would harm my boy if he decided to lick himself. I used to water first then put the conditioner on my hands to lightly touch over the coat then, I started my line brushing and I was delighted at how easy the tabgles removed without any painful pulling on my dogs skin. I was happy with the quick work it made without any real residue left behind. I was overall very please by how the coat didn't break or give difficulty when separating. I feel it is a gentle product and though I still can't get rid of his bed head scraggles without brushing the next monring it is nice to feel like the coat is in better healthier condition. I feel like with my own hair you can take supplements to better your hair from inside out but if you don't use the conditioner in the shower you will have raggedy hair. I wish I had found this long ago. That and the dremel. Oh gosh
The dremel makes such short work of the nail care just zip zip a couple seconds at most on the nail and a minute or 2 later you have a nice looking paw to keep good shape. The first time I used it my dog wagged his tail and ripped out a tiny bit of tail fur and the next time he decided to put his nose on it which freaked him out but did no physical damage. I feel like if I can get a little more relaxed with it the better his nails will be. lots of treats I guess, praise too.

No comments:

Post a Comment